Amelanchier Lamarckii is a tall shrub known for it’s beautiful spring show.
An abundance of simple, white flowers appear in spring between April and May and new foliage is flushed bronze before turning green in the summer. After flowering, edible black berries form for an all year round display.
In autumn, falling leaves put on a blazing show of orange and scarlet. This deciduous shrub is fully hardy and has a upright, bushy habit.
Plant your Amelanchier in well drained, fertile soil in a sunny or partly shady place. Amelanchier do well in a cottage garden or near a patio for best admiration. They are undemanding and easy to care with pruning only necessary to maintain a healthy framework.
- Characteristics: Deciduous
- Flowers: White
- Flowering period: April to May
- Position: Full sun/part shade
- Soil type: Fertile, well drained
- Height & Spread: up to 3m (9ft) tall
- Common names: Serviceberry, Juneberry, Shadbush, Snowy Mespilus
- 19cm pot
- Measurements are approximate