Opened in August 2019 in state of the art retail premises, Gates Farm Shop focuses on offering the finest locally sourced produce, complemented by the best from national and international producers, as well as quality Beef and Lamb supplied from our own farm in the village.
As we continue to expand, we have a range of jobs available on a permanent and temporary / seasonal basis.
Duty Manager – Farm Shop
Gates Farm Shop is a large, traditional farm shop located alongside Gates Garden Centre near Oakham. We are now looking for a Duty Manager to join our growing team and assist in the day to day running of farm shop operations. A strong sense of passion and commitment is essential for this role.
- Wide ranging retail management role
- Supporting the Farm Shop Manager with day-to-day operations and deputising in their absence
- Motivating and managing others
- Helping to maximise sales opportunities through visual merchandising
- Managing stock control/rotation
- Supervising the Goods-in team and process, including checking deliveries for accuracy and dealing with paperwork/credit notes
- Liaising with other departments regarding deliveries in and out
- Assisting with ordering
- Staff training
The ideal candidate:
- You will have a proven track record in a retail environment
- Previous experience with till systems
- Sales targets and results driven
- Highly organised, accurate and reliable with excellent attention to detail
- Highly computer literate
- Team player, energetic, enthusiastic and dynamic
- Passionate about food quality and provenance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional and well-presented
This is a physically demanding role requiring a good level of physical fitness.
In return we offer a competitive salary and other staff benefits, including:
- 28 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension
- Staff discount
- Free parking
- The opportunity to develop your career in a fast-paced environment
Gates is one of the largest destination home and garden centres in the UK, established over 70 years ago by the Gates family. Set in a beautiful rural location, Gates Farm Shop has a focus on offering the finest produce, sourced locally wherever possible, including meat supplied from our own farm.
This is a full-time, permanent role, working five days a week including one alternating weekend day.
For more information please contact David Handy on 01664 454309.
To apply please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com or post for the attention of David Handy at Gates Garden Centre, Somerby Road, Cold Overton, Oakham LE15 7QB.
For more information regarding positions currently available at Gates Garden Centre, please call in and ask at the tills or telephone us on 01664 454309.